Support WCA



Support Whitefish Christian Academy

Several opportunities exist to support the school. While the Annual Fund is the backbone of our fundraising efforts, various school fundraisers offer other avenues of support.

CLICK HERE to donate securely to the Whitefish Christian Academy.

Annual Fund

What is an Annual Fund?

The Annual Fund is an unrestricted fund that underwrites the needs of the school that are not met through tuition revenue. Annual, reoccurring donations are the hallmark of the Annual Fund. These annual, predictable commitments are especially helpful during our budgeting process. Like most private schools, WCA charges a tuition that does not cover the actual cost of educating a child. A strong Annual Fund – used primarily to support the operating budget, to fund tuition assistance, and to ensure our ability to keep and attract highly qualified teachers — is critical to ensuring the continued success of the school. The success of the Annual Fund depends on establishing and maintaining a broad base of annual donors regardless of the amount of the contribution.

Why do we need an Annual Fund?

In analyzing the financial picture of Whitefish Christian Academy, it is important to note that tuition revenue alone will not sustain the long-term viability of the school. To better understand the school’s finances, consider the following three facts:

  • WCA’s tuition covers about 75% of the actual cost of educating a child, leaving a 25% shortfall. If a ‘break-even’ tuition were charged, WCA would become unaffordable to many families, resulting in the loss of students and in a decreased ability to fulfill our mission.
  • Tuition assistance by the school results in actual dollars lost in operating revenue because no revenue source currently exists to replace the income lost when a scholarship is awarded.
  • Each year the school is prevented from compensating teachers with a competitive wage and the benefits they deserve. Currently teachers are paid 70% of what their public school colleagues are paid and receive no medical or retirement benefits.
  • The challenge we face as a school is not unique. A vast majority of universities and private schools across the country depend on their school’s Annual Fund to keep tuition affordable and the operating budget balanced.

Supplemental Fundraisers

Annual Dinner Auction

Held in the early spring, this Annual Dinner Auction is our largest fundraising event. The quality of this event is a draw even for people outside the WCA community. The event has traditionally eloquent decorations, significant auction items available at bargain prices, fun live auction items, and time to get to know other families in a relaxed setting. The event has featured students who emcee the event and is an opportunity for volunteers to work together to provide what has come to be known as a premier fundraising events in Whitefish.

End-of-the-year giving

Each year we send out an end-of-the-year letter asking supporters to consider Whitefish Christian Academy as part of their charitable giving for the year. Many supporters make such a gift as part of their tax-planning.

Arts Festival (www.whitefishartsfestival.org)

Hosted by the Whitefish Christian Academy, this community arts festival is enjoyed by locals, and visitors each year around the July 4th holiday. This event brings the community together as it supports our school. Artists especially appreciate our student helpers!

Other school activities that include a fundraising aspect:

Families and friends interested in supporting WCA have multiple avenues to do so. For example, Box Tops collection provides money for playground supplies (balls, ropes, etc.), the Christmas Art fundraiser helps to support our art program, Family Night Out supports upper school programs as our school community enjoys a meal together, and Show-your-style days allow students to show their creativity and school spirit while raising money for extra-curricular activities.

Help to Continue Our Mission

Please consider attending one of these fundraisers and/or making a financial commitment to WCA. You can make your tax-deductible gift by calling our business office at 406-862-5875, by mailing your gift to 820 Ashar Avenue, Whitefish, MT, 59937.